Subvrt is an alternative media source that seeks to celebrate the unusual, educate the sceptical, explore the unknown and disrupt from the foundations. Promoting diversity and self-love is what we are about, and representing this through creative mediums such as fashion, photography and art is how we aim to share the love!
Subvrt Mag Issue 1: Gender & Sex, the magazine’s debut issue.
- An interview with prominent sex worker Tilly Lawless
- Editorial with intersex model Sophia Young
- ‘Self Made Project’ by Parker Blain – a photographer focusing on the transgender community
- Marriage Equality editorial, focusing on the inequality still existing in Australia
Subvrt Mag Issue 2: The Identity Issue.
- An interview & photoshoot with Alok-Vaid Menon, gender non-conforming artist, writer, performer and educator.
- Editorial with surrealist artist Ellen Sheidlin
- Interview and photoshoot with Frances Cannon, Australian artist and founder of the ‘Self-Love Club’ movement.
- Photoshoot with Lara, Mara and Sheila – the beautiful Brazilian albino twins and their older sister.
- ‘Inorganic Matter’, an editorial shot in Berlin exploring a range of binary opposites.
- ‘5 Senses of Fetish’ – shot by Mateus Porto in New York featuring Misc_allaneousdomtop
- ‘A Letter to Self’ by Marti, Amerykahsmisfit
- Mexican American artist Cristina Bartley features in ‘The Masks We Wear’
- ‘Fatal Syntax Error’ – an editorial exploring the blurred lines between online identity and IRL.
- Much, much more!