You're in the Wrong Bathroom!
From Laverne Cox and Caitlyn Jenner to Thomas Beatie (“the pregnant man”) and transgender youth, coverage of trans lives has been exploding—yet so much misinformation persists. Bringing together the medical, social, psychological, and political aspects of being trans in the United States today, “You’re in the Wrong Bathroom!” unpacks the twenty-one most common myths and misconceptions about transgender and gender-nonconforming people.
Authors Laura Erickson-Schroth, MD, a psychiatrist, and Laura A. Jacobs, LCSW-R, a psychotherapist, address a range of fallacies:
• Trans People Are “Trapped in the Wrong Body”
• You’re Not Really Trans If You Haven’t Had “the Surgery”
• Trans People Are a Danger to Others, Especially Children
• Trans People Are Mentally Ill and Therapy Can Change Them
• Trans People and Feminists Don’t Get Along
Page Count: 200 pages
Imprint: Beacon Press
Published: September 2018